Recommend a good 22LR Pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ruger MKII is a tack driver and is very reliable. Gets my vote. If your looking for a more compact model look at a Beretta 21 Bobcat

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a P-22 and 2 Buckmarks. The P-22 is fun, but the Buckmarks are much better for a plinker. More accurate, more reliable and switching barrels is a breeze.

Rolando

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Smith & Wesson 22 Revolver would be an excellent choice.
Very accurate.
ai235.photobucket.com_albums_ee216_Rolando1911_k22sideviewfull.jpg

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some Ruger standard models, and some Mk IIs. Accurate, reliable, and dirt tolerant:).

If you like retro stuff, check out High Standard, particularly the military model with the exposed hammer. These are absolutely wonderful .22 pistols, but tend to be pricy.

I also have a P-22. Hate the long barrel configuration, though it is more accurate than the short barrel. The short barrel configuration is fun to shoot, and the mags are easier to load than any other .22 I know of. I do not recommend it for anything other than plinking because of reliability issues. Mine has finally broken in and seems to shoot most brands of ammo. When it was new I tried about 12 different types of ammo. Believe it or not, it likes Federal Lightning best of all in terms of accuracy. It really likes to be clean.

I also have two Makarov .22 conversions:bigeye:. (Not the elusive one with shell carriers--those are worth two grand.) These are recent imports, but they work well and are accurate. Good luck finding any more of them.

One of my friends has a Buckmark. Not many rounds through it, but so far he is very happy with it. I have fired it and it seems to be very accurate. CB

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beretta makes both a target cheetah (model 87 I think) and a regular cheetah (also model 87 - but smaller and cooler looking). Both are extremely hard to find and fairly expensive.

If you already have a CZ 75/85 - you can get a Kadet Kit for under $300. Or you can just get a whole kadet pistol for just between $400 and $500. Both are extremely fun.

If you already have a Glock or 1911 - check out Advantage Arms' website. They have pretty kick-arse .22 conversion kits (can't speak for the 1911 version, but the Glock kit works great).

Taurus and Beretta both make tiny little pocket-guns in .22 (as does Bersa). Haven't owned any of these, but I hear they are pretty fun, but not extremely accurate.

The older Walther P22's had issues with the mags and some design flaws. They've fixed the mag and design issues, but they're still made of pot-metal. The newer Walther Target .22 is pretty cool looking too.

Smith and Wesson makes a model 22A or something like that - don't know too much about them, but I know folks who like them for the price.

I've never been a fan of the looks of the Buck-mark or the Mark II, Mark III, or the 22/45 - but they work every time and are genuinely more accurate than just about anything else that you'll spend that amount of money on.

There are several revolvers out there that are fun too. Taurus, S&W, Ruger, Heritage, etc...

Latest posts

Top Bottom