Recommendations for a 1911 in stainless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egriton

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just received a significant promotion and a raise and would like to get myself a gift. I currently own:
- CZ 75 SP01, Stoeger Cougar, Bersa Thunder Plus, S&W .38 revolver, Browning Buckmark Hunter
- Savage 93, Savage 64, Ruger 10/22, 3 ARs (10.5" and 2 16").

So, I'm thinking about getting one (or two) of:
- Sig P238
- Glock 19, gen 4
- 1911, stainless

If I do go with a 1911, what stainless would you guys recommend (either 9mm or .45)?
Note that I'm a cheapskate and always look for the best value for the money. While I do a lot of shooting at the OKC gun club, the 1911 will be mostly a safe queen.

Of course, if any of you have a used pistol from the list above to sell, pm me, but I'll probably buy new unless the deal is great.

Thanks.

egriton

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ruger and Taurus... That is what I've been looking at this evening. The first is prettier, the second is cheaper.

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, congrats on the promotion. What did you do to get it? Ah, don't answer, this is a don't ask, don't tell forum. Seriously, Rugers are great 1911's and so are Remingtons...lots of good for very reasonable price. Don't count out Para, also good for good price. If you're patient you may find a used Springfield or even a used Colt for reasonable dollars. Oh, it does not appear to me that you have enough guns so you should buy all you show on your list. Hey, you did get the promo with the big bucks!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ruger, S&W, Sig, Springfield, or Colt. Taurus cut some corners on their small parts and many have had issues with them. They also employ a goofy hammer lock safety that has locked up a few guns, in which it shouldn't be there in the first place.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom