Recommendations for a 1911 in stainless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a Kimber stainless that I dearly love. But they are about $900 for a new stainless one. I've also got a Rock Island and it's been great too but you can't find em in stainless.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I definitely wouldn't buy a Taurus anything especially if it's going to be a safe queen, get something worth the status. Why not splurge a little and get something like STI, Kimber, one of the new S&W Performance Center 1911's (that's what I would do) or even a step up to a Nighthawk, Ed Brown or Les Baer.

STI makes excellent guns and you can get a really sweet gun that would cost much more from another manufacturers. I've got an STI Elektra that is fantastic. Very accurate, perfectly reliable, excellent triggers, match grade barrel and beautiful.

Of the base level guns I really like the Ruger but I've heard the Springfield is a good one also.

As far as caliber, I'm old fashioned and find 9mm 1911's an abomination, however, to each their own.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMO, maybe a Springfield Loaded or the Ruger. While I am a fan of Taurus revolvers, I stay away from their semi's. They are too hit and miss. Might be able to give you better advice if you post your budget and what you will be using it for. If this is going to be a EDC I would go with a LW Commander.

Woodcutter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a 10mm, either a Colt Delta Elite, a Kimber, or a Dan Wesson 1911. In my opinion, 10mm is the most versatile autoloader pistol round, and is really fun to shoot.

Kimber_10mm_target.jpg

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have sig, S&W E series and a Kimber TLE II and I like the Sig the best and it is the cheapest of the three. If funds permit Springfield TRP would be one to consider

Latest posts

Top Bottom