Recommendations for ATV repairs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im in Moore, I got a 2003 Suzuki LTZ400. I got the quad pretty cheap thinking it only needed a rebuilt carb. It has been one thing after another. Im to the point now that I pretty much need a whole motor rebuild including crank bearings. I have the motor out and I have most parts needed for the rebuild. Just want a pro with the proper tools to build it for peace of mind. I had the quad at Brian's ATV once and long story short i would saw my big toe off with a rusty spoon before spending anymore money with those idiots. Any help would be awesome.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to say its Jones Offroad on the east side of town. My brother-in-Law had his Polaris repaired after rolling it. The overall cost was considerably less than any of the other places in town.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm about to buy a Polaris from Jones, seem like good people and I've heard good things. I would never deal with Brian's ATV. Buddy went to buy parts and it was considerably more than it should have been. Buddy asked about it, he was charging for his advice...

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
had a really bad experience with Oklahoma Honda Suzuki so id also avoid them. I had that exact bike man and it was great for about a year then needed a timing chain and valves shimmed...I feel your pain on the difficulty of finding a good competent honest mechanic. I sold every off road toy I had for the very reason that I couldn't repair them myself and didn't care to learn how to.

I use to buy and sell cars bikes quads etc as a hobby and to supplement income and every single thing I have ever bought that needed the "carb cleaned" or "tuned" turned out to be much much more than just carb work. Every...single...time

good luck with your rebuild man

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a good experience with Maxey's, needed a few screws for my kids helmet, didnt want to wait to ship em. Knew Ajax would sell me some, but went to Maxey's to kill some time at lunch. Gave me what I needed for free.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check the fuel shutoff valve, it's vacuum operated and if the diaphragm perforates it just sucks gas straight into the intake. Gas will flow right into the cylinder and fill the crankcase diluting the oil, even not running. See if your oil smells like gas. Dealer price is like $110 but you can get one for less than $15 bux on Amazon, bought one that was listed for an 80 but fit our LT 250.

Seansworth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another recommendation for Phil's in El Reno. I'very never used them for repairs, but I buy parts and oil from them regularly. Good people with more knowledge and reference manuals than I have seen anywhere else. Once my buddy and I stopped by to see if they had any screws to help us fix the engine in his jet ski and they helped us find one that would work and gave us the screw.

Latest posts

Top Bottom