Recurrant CCW Training

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penman53

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had a conversation today with a person at physical therapy there were questions asked to me concerning when the use of deadly force was to be used and warranted. The other person told me that she was told about six people associated with you that you could legally use deadly force to protect.

Can anyone tell me where I can find out about this in the SDA handbook?

If you could I would really appreciate it.

Also, I was told that since I took the SDA class at H and H, I could sit in the lecture for free. Is this true?

Please advise.

Mark

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
H and H will allow you to sit on on the lecture for free if you've taken it before. But you would have to pay to shoot again if you wanted too. This is first hand experience. My dad and older brother took the course at H and H before I was 21. My dad later sat in with me when I was old enough to take the course.

As far as who you can come to the aid of legally, In the class I remember Doug Friesen lectured for the law portion and explained it as you could come to the aid of anyone, but that you take their rights. As in if you come to the aid of someone and didn't realize that they actually started the confrontation you could be an accomplice to whatever they were originally doing.

Probably best just to sit in as this was a class I took about 2 years ago and some of this information could be different.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What you guys are looking for is not in the SDA pamphlet.

The "mother, father, husband, wife, child, employee, employer" provision is an updated paraphrase from an old Title 21 section that's on a handout we instructors pass out in class.

I say old because if you read title 21 in context it states instead of "employer/employee": master/servant.

The jist of it is do not go willy-nilly into a deadly force situation when you are not the victim unless you have a close relationship with the victim; close enough to know that when protecting them with DF you are not aiding & abetting a criminal act.

Latest posts

Top Bottom