Red Dawn 2 release date

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kind of funny in the first Red Dawn the Chinese were our allies. In this remake the Chinese are the occupiers.

Avenge me!!!!!!!

www.reddawnmovienews.com_images_hannposter3.jpg

from the website.

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought the reason it was taking so long to release was because they were going back and re-editing the film to remove all of the China references and replace them with Korea so not to offend the our creditors.

Dave

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I know it's not actually him...just see some ghosts of Swayze in what appears to be a portrayal of Mr. Eckert, Swayze's dad in the original.

Would've been a neat turn to have Swayze play his original character's father (Harry Dean Stanton's character) in the remake.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He isn't Kurt Russell without an eye patch. I was talking about Red Dawn. Maybe it's because I work in logistics for the Air Force so stuff that isn't right kinda bothers me, but there is no way those paratroopers would have sprung a sneak attack on Colorado, even if they were disguised as passenger jets. Did no one at the FAA notice an abundance of planes entering US borders?

OBVIOUSLY you didn't pay attention in the movie when they explained how the ruskies did it. They were disguised as commercial airliners, PanAm 147 and the like. They deployed from all over the world, it wasn't just 30 planes Russia. Thousands of planes come into the US everyday, THOUSANDS. As long as they have the proper identification, it is not an issue. The planes were not just painted up like commercial planes, they were registered as commercial planes, for all intents and purposes, they were legit commercial flights that were filled with guns and troops. And that movie was made in the 80s, security was considerably more relaxed. The cuban/mexican armies walked across the Rio Grande, but they hit the Texas/Oklahoma border and stopped butt-cold. The paratroopers were just part of the first wave, kinda like what we did at Normandy. Dropped a crap-ton guys behind the lines while everybody else stormed the beach. The element of surprise does wonders for strategic offensives.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate remakes too...but it's freakin' Red Dawn! Better be good. What I had heard was that the original production company went tits up and that it's been sitting waiting for someone to buy the rights from the people who couldn't afford to get the film to theaters...or some such. (Whaddaya bet the Chinese own the film in some form or another. :) )

Latest posts

Top Bottom