Reliable 22 Semi Auto

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SomeGuy

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still throwing around the idea of getting a semi auto rifle. Prefer AR style, is there one that is more reliable than others that can run any kind of ammo? If not a rifle, how about a pistol in semi auto? I'm not looking to spend more than $600.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
10/22.

I like love my Henry with the large loop. I wish I hadn’t sold my Browning BL-22. That little lever has a 33 degree fast throw lever, hold the trigger down and cock and you can play rifleman :)

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can’t go wrong with a 10/22, but if you want AR style the MP 15-22 is the way to go. If you already have an AR, you can just buy a dedicated .22 upper and mags that fit the standard AR magwell. Pros = might be cheaper than a whole rifle and you’re using the exact same trigger & stock for training purposes Cons = might require tuning for perfect reliability.

I have a highly modded 10/22 that I love, but I also have a custom .22 upper on my RR M16. It has a highly polished Ceiner conversion with a tuned Lakewood spring and it runs flawlessly, even full auto suppressed. :)

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can’t go wrong with a 10/22, but if you want AR style the MP 15-22 is the way to go. If you already have an AR, you can just buy a dedicated .22 upper and mags that fit the standard AR magwell. Pros = might be cheaper than a whole rifle and you’re using the exact same trigger & stock for training purposes Cons = might require tuning for perfect reliability.

I have a highly modded 10/22 that I love, but I also have a custom .22 upper on my RR M16. It has a highly polished Ceiner conversion with a tuned Lakewood spring and it runs flawlessly, even full auto suppressed. :)

Got both of these and I'm super satisfied with both.

I've also got a Winchester Wildcat that has impressed me. The Winchester can actually use the Ruger 10/22 mags.

Best of luck in your search!

SomeGuy

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I might see the 10/22 mentioned, I can't say I have ever heard anything bad about those. I'm thinking the S&W might be at the top of the list if the reliability is there. The goal is not to defend my life with it, just don't want to run over it with my truck at the range due to frustration with jams and misfires.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nordic NC-22 upper for me on a Boomer Shooter branded lower and Timney trigger, and I shoot a lot of steel challenge matches with it for one reason.
It runs without failure after thousands of rounds.
It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for.
For the price the M&P model runs really great as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom