Reliable 22 Semi Auto

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have.
It won't run 10 rounds without jamming up a couple times. It cant be the magazine, I've put about 10 different ones in it with the same result.
I have two. One is totally reliable, the other has issues getting through a 10 round rotary magazine without some failures.
Just an FYI, and general info, the World Speed Shooting Champion was from the OKC area back in 2018 or something. He used a box stock 10-22, birch stock with 10 round rotary magazines.
I've been on his squad during a match. It was humbling.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two. One is totally reliable, the other has issues getting through a 10 round rotary magazine without some failures.
Just an FYI, and general info, the World Speed Shooting Champion was from the OKC area back in 2018 or something. He used a box stock 10-22, birch stock with 10 round rotary magazines.
I've been on his squad during a match. It was humbling.
I had a 10/22 many years ago that would jam once per magazine, tried several different brands of ammo. Actually sent it back to Ruger, they returned it saying they couldn't get it to jam and told me what specific ammo they tested with. Even with that ammo it jammed less, but still jammed once every mag or two. I traded it up on a Kimber bolt action .22 that I still have. They're neat little guns, probably depends on which specific one you have, but they're not all perfect. It's also possible that if I had kept it longer it might have eventually worked some kinks out and been a good gun.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a new in the box Ruger 10/22 and sold it and it jammed was not happy with any ammo
accuracy was not good enough for me either.
I was told I need to get a lot of rounds shot through it and it would be better.

That tells me it will wear out parts that slide against each other.
No thank you.
My old Glenfield Marlin model 60 with the squirrel on the stock was super accurate and always cycled and never jammed.
It was stolen years ago though.

I only have a Squires Bingham model 16 now much more accurate than my sold 10/22.

Latest posts

Top Bottom