Reloading .40 cal for Glock 23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your lead alloy is hard enough you can shoot it through a stock glock barrel, but it is not suggested. A Lone Wolf barrel only runs about $100.00 and will last you a lifetime of shooting. The only caliber I don't use it with is .357 sig b/c I don't reload with lead bullets for that round.

There isnt a modern firearm that doesnt have the "Not to be used with reloads/lead" warning.

Lead and reloading for the .40sw for use in a g23 should be easy. As many have said, keep your pressures low and make sure you realize the brass isnt going to make it through as many reloadings as the brass from some other guns (so always inspect your brass).

If you are worried about leading and the overpressure issue, just invest in a kkm/barsto/lonewolf and call it good.

I run my g23 brass through a redding GRx die to pull that glock bulge out. Its more or less just a precaution. I would post a link to one, but I am on my phone right now.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
J&K I don't doubt that a g-17 can and does run lead. I see that the question was about .40 S&W, not 9MM. I don't know why but The lead .40s I have tried in Glock 22- 23s seem to really build up right at the throat, I haven't seen it to be that much of an issue in the 9mm. I have seen two Glock 22 kabooms and both were with lead ammo. Now I haven't noticed this phenominon with "black bullets or molly coated bullets, but bare lead yes. Perhapse your bullet alloy and quality far surpass Meister Bullet that was being used in the two I saw deflagrate. I have been wrong before! KurtM

Martialartsblackbelt

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A word of caution about reloads.. The brass gets work hardened each time you resize it and that makes it more brittle. I have owned and shot several glocks, (I currently have and shoot a Glock 22.) I use the Lone Wolf barrels for mine, I have both the lone wolf .40 and .357 sig barrels for my 22. This lets me shoot many times fired and resized brass without worring about the unsupported feed ramp giving way. It also gives me two guns in one. The barrel is the only thing that has to be changed to go from .40 to .357 sig. Same mags and slide. Good luck and enjoy your shooting and reloading.. Blitzfike
can this be done in reverse? and use the same mags
convert to 40 cal that is?

Latest posts

Top Bottom