Reloading class

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just as an FYI to those considering reloading, I went to the class at H&H for pistols. It was helpful to get a hands on look at the equipment and what's involved. The internet "digging" makes much more sense now. The class was $50 and about 3 1/2 hours long. Everyone there loads 6-8 rounds and shoots it at the end. They supply everything, gun included. If you want the Lyman book it's extra. They do a separate rifle and pistol class, don't know about shotgun. I'm not sure what kind of schedule they run on so you'd just need to call or email them.

In my opinion, it would be well worth the time for anyone new to reloading.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm looking around for a press too. That is one thing that I was convinced of in the class was the wisdom of getting a single stage to start on. I'd seen several veteran reloaders recommend this, but I didn't exactly understand why until I saw the whole process. There's quite a bit going on with the progressives for someone who is a noob. Good luck.

tbsadavid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Start off simple. Single stage press. Learn the reason for each type of die and why it is important. Reload pistol and at least one caliber of bottle neck rifle to understand the difference. I've been reloading for about ten years and still learn something new with each reloading book and new gun I buy.

hubmonkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some people say learn on a single stage press... I say BS. There are only two reasons you should get a single stage press... #1 because you can't afford a progressive and #2 you need to load stuff for match type weapons and want extreme accuracy.

If you are wanting to crank out plinking ammo to shoot at paper, buy a progressive with auto indexing. One handle pull and bam one bullet produced, don't torture yourself.

Hub

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some people say learn on a single stage press... I say BS. There are only two reasons you should get a single stage press... #1 because you can't afford a progressive and #2 you need to load stuff for match type weapons and want extreme accuracy.

If you are wanting to crank out plinking ammo to shoot at paper, buy a progressive with auto indexing. One handle pull and bam one bullet produced, don't torture yourself.

Hub

This is the route I took, I got a used dillon 650 cause I could afford it and I want to turn out ammo quickly for IPSC matches

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Turret loaders are a good way to start. For loading lots of different calibers, and for small experimental quantities, these speed up the process while providing the high precision of single stage presses. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom