reloading troubles 45 ACP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

footballkckr7

Marksman
Reaction score
Well, I am stumped. I have reloaded over a thousand rounds of 45 ACP with range brass and no problems. I bought some brand new Starline brass as i found it in bulk for a good price. Well I loaded up 50 with this new brass, and well it is a very tight fit. I noticed it because the seating die was leaving a ring on the bullet, which it has never done before. So tight that a kinetic puller won't get the bullet to come out, nor will the collet puller. They chamber fine, but needless to say I am concerned with firing these rounds as I don't want to blow up my gun and my hand. What do you guys think? Scrap them ? or use em?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You need to measure wall thickness between your old brass and the starline.
Measure OD and ID after sizing it...this may tell a story.

My bullets are sized to .451" some of my brass ID is .449" and some is .445" ..And that is where you will notice some tight fits.
They all still shoot fine...center mass.
But if you like tighter groups you can try sorting by neck ID...works great in my rifles and my 357 mag.

Measure ID's and tell me what you get

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a Lee Factory Crimp die. It will iron out those rings. I've had fits loading for my Springfield with cartridges not chambering. Running them through the LFC works wonders.

Latest posts

Top Bottom