Remember the "take a kid shooting" 22LR giveaway?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
During the hoarding of 08\09 when 22LR was scarce we had a program going here on OSA that we would give a brick to those who wanted to take kids\grandkids plinking but couldn't locate ammo.

Anyone remember the guidelines of it? I suspect there are a lot of new shooters out there...

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have taken advantage of it. We took my bff's daughter out to shoot last week, she loves shooting the 22 handguns and the S&W 15-22's. Unfortunately we have no more ammo so that was the last time for awhile. Sucks for me too cause I got a new pink P22 for Christmas....the only 22 ammo I've seen for sale was the cheap stuff that our guns won't shoot. I'm really hoping this craziness ends soon so we can go back to normal.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
During the hoarding of 08\09 when 22LR was scarce we had a program going here on OSA that we would give a brick to those who wanted to take kids\grandkids plinking but couldn't locate ammo.

Anyone remember the guidelines of it? I suspect there are a lot of new shooters out there...

That was something I came up with. We had very little guidelines and pretty much left up the conditionals to the individual who was donating the ammo. Generally, If someone wanted to help they would offer some ammo up in the thread Someone would request it. It was asked that pictures be posted in the photo section So we could all see what a good time the kiddo's had.

The idea was not about the cost of the ammo ( being able to afford it ). Its about getting those kids out there and getting that time with Dad or PaPa that we had when we were little

Like Peanut. If donating some 22lr would get a kid out shooting I'm in also.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was something I came up with. We had very little guidelines and pretty much left up the conditionals to the individual who was donating the ammo. Generally, If someone wanted to help they would offer some ammo up in the thread Someone would request it. It was asked that pictures be posted in the photo section So we could all see what a good time the kiddo's had.

The idea was not about the cost of the ammo ( being able to afford it ). Its about getting those kids out there and getting that time with Dad or PaPa that we had when we were little

Like Peanut. If donating some 22lr would get a kid out shooting I'm in also.

Yeah, that was it Ty. Thanks for getting it going. The pics was the part I had forgotten. I don't have nearly the amount of .22LR that some of the folks on here have but I'd throw a brick in the ring as well.

We like to see pics of kids enjoying plinking!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 550 pack of Remington .22LR I'll donate. Pick up can be arranged at Tulsa Int'l Airport by PM. Just request that you post a range report and pics of the kiddoes shooting in the next couple of weeks. I can store ammo at my house as good as yours, so please only respond if you're needing ammo to take the kids shooting! :D

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I relied on the kindness of some folks on this site back in 09 to take my kids shooting when we literally couldn't find any .22lr in any stores. A few members sold me a few bricks (and one member gave me some ammo). I got enough that I shot plenty of it with my boys and then ended up giving a lot of it (that I didn't use) away to other new shooters or shooters with kids, but I would be willing to donate a 550 box to someone in need of shooting .22lr with their kids.

BamaAlum97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is one of things that I like about OSA...seems like there are a lot of folks here who genuinely like to give back to the gun community.

I don't own any .22LR ammo nor do I own a gun that shoots .22LR...it's the next caliber on my list to buy. My 14 year old daughter has been anxious to get out and try shooting for the first time. I am likely to let her have a go with my 9mm, but I think a .22 will be right up her alley...

Latest posts

Top Bottom