remington 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The user's manual has instructions for using the adjustable sights on some models (yes, I read the manual for fun). I wonder when those will come out.

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not trying to pick a fight, but everyone complains about the rollmark on the rem. but we're ok with it on the kimber and s&w 1911's?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
not trying to pick a fight, but everyone complains about the rollmark on the rem. but we're ok with it on the kimber and s&w 1911's?

No picking a fight here.... I don't own any Kimbers or S&Ws :D. I will say that S&Ws are worse due to the ghey warning on the frame.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No picking a fight here.... I don't own any Kimbers or S&Ws :D. I will say that S&Ws are worse due to the ghey warning on the frame.

That is the very reason I didn't buy a new stainless Beretta from Sports World recently - those things have two paragraphs worth of crap on the side of them.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't stand the obnoxious roll marks on them either. I'd rather them say nothing at all. At most, what caliber or model the gun is.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is the very reason I didn't buy a new stainless Beretta from Sports World recently - those things have two paragraphs worth of crap on the side of them.

No kidding! All that warning crap really pisses me off. If you need to be told your 1911 can be fired without a magazine, you don't need to own it. What ever happened to personal responsibility?!? :rant:

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't stand the obnoxious roll marks on them either. I'd rather them say nothing at all. At most, what caliber or model the gun is.
Yep, this would be an example where "less is more". The Remington would look great with something similar to the original Colt 1911 rollmarks. :thumb:

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Remington would do well with this if they started their serial number range where they left off at the end of WWI, along with the proper markings. Remington only made a little over 21K before their contract was ended after WWI. The WWII Remington-Rand's were made by the typewriter company of the same name. As with the return of the Remington version it should have been of the original pattern 1911. Now that would have been truly retro!!

I would love to see some of the other gun companies come out with a true retro version of the one's they made for WWI, and WWII service.

Latest posts

Top Bottom