Remington ACR pricing announced

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
8.2 pounds, 3 rail forend instead of 4 and a 1 in 9" twist barrel.

Fail

My thoughts exactly - what has it been... 3 years since Magpul started down this road? I think Magpul learned a valuable lesson about doing business with some of these manufacturing companies.

I get the feeling that Bushmaster put the wood to them when ARs started sky-rocketing because "why not use this time to capitalize on what we're already setup for?"...

And to be quite honest, the ACR isn't nearly as exciting as the Masaada was going to be because the market's totally changed over the last few years - lots of folks are into ARs who never were before, so that market's grown by leaps and bounds (as has the number of reliable Gas-piston uppers out there because of all the new business).

I hope Magpul just decides to build it in-house next time - it probably would have saved them quite a bit of money/time seeing as how their investment would have been realized much sooner (as opposed to sitting on all that engineering and development cost while Bushmaster figures out what they want to do).

So far the Sig 556, the Robinson XCR, and (yes, I'll say it) the SCAR are all looking like better options to me.