Remington ACR pricing announced

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yup very surprised to see that as well. youd think they would at least use a 1:7 twist for being what it is. still a bad ass gun on MW2 though.

Another mark in the history of arms manufacturers limiting the "militant application" of military-style arms.

They won't give you a 1:9, because they don't want you to be able to handle larger bullets, they want to use as few Mil-spec parts as they have to, because that's what the military gets...and we wouldn't want civilians to have the same capabilities as the military, WOULD WE?

We need more armorers out there to be willing to lend some combat and defensive arms capabilities to regular people.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 1/9" vs. 1/7" thing doesn't really bother me. I don't shoot anything over 62 gr. very much.

But the weight....DAMN! If the SCAR can come in under 7 lbs. so should the ACR.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No chrome lining on the barrels in addition to 1-9 twist. You peons don't need the good stuff. Be happy with what we give you. And pay us lots of money because you suck and we are awesome.

Sincerely,

Cerberus Capital Management

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not chrome. a "cold hammer-forged barrel system, featuring proprietary protective coating for enhanced barrel life and maintenance reduction..."

What is the coating composition I wonder? Nitride?

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man you guys draw "chrome lining" like it is "Excaliber" or something. A non chrome barrle will usually give acceptable acuracy for 10-15,000 rounds in an AR...no we aren't talking benchrest accuracy, but the type of accuracy found in a Chromed bore. A chromed bore will usually go around 18-22,000. NOW COME ON GUYS!! Do you shoot that much??? I do and it is because I got folks that give me ammo, and I have found that no matter what a barrel is a consumable....They are real easy to change and don't cost much. What is the B.F.D.? Buy yourself 15,000 rounds of the same lot of ammo and then when that is gone get another 15,000 and a new barrel....Come on!!!