Remodeling The House...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You "guys" can put your foot down.
I have the cabinets and counters that were in this house when we moved in year 1999.
They are original from 1974 the carpet in the front room and on the stairs was here when we moved in and it was used then.

If it works I am not changing it just because you do not like the color.
Guess what color all of the walls in the house are?
White.
I am not going for any of that red or blue or yellow or black wall stuff.
Keep it simple and live there and be happy the roof doesn't leak.

I can see why you wanted cabinets @OK Corgi Rancher those painted ones look like they belong in a garage or shop or shed.
Painted wood to me is just wrong.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Cabinets" is a term that loosely defines what was in this house. No shelves, no bottom in the floor cabinets...just open to the floor. No backs. The wall was the back of these "cabinets". There's cheap...and then there's these things. And this place is only 5 years old. My place in Olustee is 40 years old and the cabinets are all solid wood, solid wood shelves, dovetailed drawers, etc... Things just aren't built like they once were.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You "guys" can put your foot down.
I have the cabinets and counters that were in this house when we moved in year 1999.
They are original from 1974 the carpet in the front room and on the stairs was here when we moved in and it was used then.

If it works I am not changing it just because you do not like the color.
Guess what color all of the walls in the house are?
White.
I am not going for any of that red or blue or yellow or black wall stuff.
Keep it simple and live there and be happy the roof doesn't leak.

I can see why you wanted cabinets @OK Corgi Rancher those painted ones look like they belong in a garage or shop or shed.
Painted wood to me is just wrong.
Painted wood is terrible IMO.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just watch me trying to do anything should make him feel better. :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

We have a small refund coming this year and I hope to get a window repaired and the tile in the front hall replaced. I just have to figure out the easiest way to scrape up the old tile, and if I can replace the two window thingies.

@RickN I thought of you today while I was installing a new ceiling fan...

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
House is looking good. You've got patience man, I'd have burned it down and had the "right" one built. And no not arson, it probably would have been wiring in the kitchen's fault:pms2:

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OH my, if I were doing that, I'd need to run over to Costco or Sams and buy the huge pack of Tylenols or Advils. I ain't young no more, when I was younger I loved projects like that. My hat's off to you Sir.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
A before and after picture of the brick. The texture is still drying and hasn't been sealed yet.

Before:
View attachment 265383

After:
View attachment 265384
The house we had in Yukon wasn't the correct color of stone on the fireplace. I finally got fed up and one weekend while she was visiting her sister in Kansas, I took four cans of different colors of brown, black and yellow and repainted the stonework a faux stonework from the original God created stonework.

She loved it. :anyone:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
House is looking good. You've got patience man, I'd have burned it down and had the "right" one built. And no not arson, it probably would have been wiring in the kitchen's fault:pms2:

Yeah...It's a metric s***-ton of work, that's for sure. I'm not rushing thru anything, though. Just taking my time. When it's done, it's done...just try to do a little bit every day. And it will be nice when it's done and I plan on living here the rest of my life.

The worst part is waiting for stuff. Like countertops... Can't do a lot of things until that gets done. And we can't unpack and put stuff away until we get certain things done. So there's lots of clutter everywhere and I can't find a damn thing when I need it. But that's improving every day, too.

On the up side, my wife is actually very handy with a lot of this stuff. She's a great decorator/coordinator and knows her way around things like saws and other tools. It makes it a lot easier when you have a partner that's actually helpful.

Latest posts

Top Bottom