Response to Metcalf letter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Warning from Warren Metcalf. SuperDaves Gunshow making an impact

I received a letter today from Warren Metcalf, from Metcalf Gunshows.

i1130.photobucket.com_albums_m538_superdave65_Scan0001.jpg

Here is my response

To: Warn Metcalf

SuperDaves Guns

SuperDaves Gunshow.com

I received your letter yesterday banning me from your shows etc. I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed in the tone of your letter. I'm not college educated and tend to be plain spoken so I had to look up a couple of the legal terms that you used. But I worked my way through it.

I hope that you don't perceive my little 125 table show as a threat to your operation. I have gone out of my way to schedule shows on different dates and in different towns from yours and anybody elses shows. Two reasons for that. First is that I don't feel that the vendors should have to choose between promoters when there is plenty of business for everybody. Second is that I am new to the Gun show business and have no desire to be in direct competition with anybody.

If you feel that I have slandered Metcalf gun shows, you are mistaken. When I decided to try and promote shows, I set up a business model that I believe will contrast with most of the other promoters are doing. I will have low table rents, inexpensive admission and a no flea market items. Other promoters can do what they like, but thats how I'm going to do it. In discussion with vendors and potential customers I only point out the type of event that I will hold versus other promoters and let them decide.

I had hoped that you would re-think banning me or my representatives from your shows. I don't wish to cause any harm, only promote my business. You have been in the Gunshow business for many years and have a way of doing business that works for you. As a vendor I have set-up many times at your show and have done fairly well.

As a gesture of good will I would invite you or anybody associated with Metcalf Gunshows to visit any show that I hold. I'll always have a pot of coffee on. You are welcome to talk to any vendors in attendance and invite them to set up at your shows if they don't already.

Your letter came across as threatening, I'm hope that was not your intention. I am an active member of Oklahoma Shooters Association and I'll post a link that might give you a little insight to what the firearms community is looking for in Gun shows.

http://www.okshooters.com/showthrea...-Metcalf.-SuperDaves-Gunshow-making-an-impact

Thank You for your wish of Good Luck

Dave Osborne

Last edited:

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Flea Market "JUNK" or should I say the quantity of it lately has been the number one turn off for me at shows. Pricing has gotten a bit out of hand too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom