REWARD for any information leading to the return of my 30-06 sports rifle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick McGhee

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
$1,000 reward for any information leading to the return of my father's hand made rifle that he brought back from Germany after the war. The stock and fore stock are enlaid with ivory and virtually all of the metal parts are engraved. It has a clip-on Nickels scope. I believe the ivory includes a roebuck and wild boar. The engraving has a bear. The gun is unmistakable. No questions asked.

Rick
918-607-0070

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Were you burgled? did someone sell it? was it taken out of a car? did you lose it in the forest? Where was it last seen? has the serial number been reported?

We need some back story here.

Rick McGhee

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do but they are from an old polaroid from years ago and not really clear. There is a serial number on the gun. #69641. The craftsmanship on the engraving and enlays is unmistakable. I took the rifle to a gun show 15 years ago and all the major factories said that there was no one left in the world that could produce that quality of work. The barrel was turned down from a 30 cal machine gun and had a Mauser action. Please let me know if anything comes up. I'm pretty sure that it has made its way to somebody's collection.

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn, sucks losing a gun like that. Besides being one of a kind, Im sure there is a ton of sentimental value as well. Thieves are pieces of **** and belong along side of pedophiles and rapists in hell, IMHO.

Was it stolen in just a random home robbery or do you think someone came looking specifically for that gun? Was it in a safe or anything?

Rick McGhee

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it was a friend of my son's at the time. No it wasn't in a safe where it should have been. It does have sentimental value and I hope that the membership will keep an eye out for it.

Thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom