Stolen Hand-Made Rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick McGhee

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put this on the site about a year ago. I thought I would try again. My father brought back a hand made 30-06 from Germany in 1947. It was a 30 Cal machine gun barrel turned down and was fitted with a Mauser action. It had the most intricate carvings in the metal parts and even more intricate invory enlays in the stock. I had taken it to several gun shows and the experts there said that the quality of workmanhip of the engraving and enlays could not be duplicated. All of the artisans that had the skill were gone. It had a clip on Nichols scope.

I'm sure that hope is pretty much gone for recovering it but I thought I would give it another try. I'm sure it's in someones collection and will not be seen. You cannot mistake this rifle. There's not another like it in the world. I would be happy to offer a reward, no questions asked. It really is the only thing I remeber most about my father and of how proud he was of the gun.

Thanks,

Rick

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you reported it as stolen? Its possible it can turn up sometime. You might also get on ARFCOM and list it in the stolen gun database in case it comes across that sight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom