Reward for stolen family heirloom rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick McGhee

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need some advice as where to post a notice and reward for the return of or information leading to the recovery of my fathers one of a kind hand made rifle that he brought back from Germany after WWII. It is a 30.06 Mauser with detailed inlaid ivory on the stock and fore stock. The receiver and trigger housing is heavily engraved. The quality of workmanship on the ivory and engraving could not be duplicated today. The rifle has a snap on Nickel's scope leaving the iron sights available below. The rifle was stolen from my home in 2000. I don't have any idea as to the value but it is certainly something that was my fathers and I would like to pass it to one of my sons. I thought that I would give it a shot to see if someone might have seen it.

Please let me know if I need to place this in another area of the site or how I might be able to get the word outside Oklahoma, perhaps a national site.

Thanks,

Rick

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was a police report filed in 2000 when it was stolen? Any investigations at the time, or searches of local pawn shops? Indeed kind of a long shot 18 years later, but with that amount of customization, such a rifle would stick out like a sore thumb today.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are many folks on here that are also on other forums. Even without a pic, there is enough information to keep this in folks mind as the visit gunshows and chat with others.

Rick McGhee

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a beautiful piece. good luck on your search, I'll keep an eye out.
I hate thieves!
I did report it stolen at the time and I will check to see if it's still on the list. Thanks for the response. Just hoping someone might have run across it. Doubted that it would ever see the light of day after it was stolen because it is so unique

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You do need to check with the agency that took the report to make sure the gun is still listed on NCIC and your contact information is correct. They dump information off of the national database every so often. If any of your information has changed since the report was filed and the gun was recovered and they had no way to contact you, it would either be destroyed or sold at auction.

Pearl Cruz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had a gun stolen and thought it was lost forever. Man I was surprised when they called from the next country over informing me they had it. Those cops in Cleveland County are my heroes.
I hope you get yours back.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a gun stolen and was missing for 12 years and got a call from the police dept and gun was found in a dallas pawn shop, wife(7 month prego at the time) had to go to court for me and they had 3 bombs threats that day at the court house and after the last one she walked out with my gun cause the pawn broker didnt show back up

Latest posts

Top Bottom