Rifle only action shooting match at OKC Gun Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Planning for it to be monthly, next weekend is the first one. Four divisions to keep it simple and open to a wide variety of rifles. All targets paper, USPSA bay-style shooting. 150ish rounds.

.22 for box fed .22LR rifles

PCC for PCCs, sub-machine guns with semi auto selector, and older sub-rifle things like M1 carbine. Full auto fire is not allowed at OKCGC, so subguns have to have a semi function to play.

Light rifle for standard modern era high volume production rifles like AR-15s, AK-47/74, 300BLK guns

Battle rifle for full power rifles, 6.5 Creedmoor and larger, ostensibly 308, but this would also cover any full caliber rifle. M1 Garands, FAL pattern, HK G3/91 pattern, AR-10s, etc. 6.5 Creedmoor is now commonly produced in autoloaders for military and open market, so it made sense to start there.

Bolts guns and lever guns could work too and be fun, but everything needs to be fed via the receiver. Fishing rod style feeding puts hand in front of muzzle, which isn’t safe in a shooting competition, so those types of guns won’t be allowed.

I’ll be shooting my FAL with a dot optic in this weekend’s match.

Mats

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Planning for it to be monthly, next weekend is the first one. Four divisions to keep it simple and open to a wide variety of rifles. All targets paper, USPSA bay-style shooting. 150ish rounds.

.22 for box fed .22LR rifles

PCC for PCCs, sub-machine guns with semi auto selector, and older sub-rifle things like M1 carbine. Full auto fire is not allowed at OKCGC, so subguns have to have a semi function to play.

Light rifle for standard modern era high volume production rifles like AR-15s, AK-47/74, 300BLK guns

Battle rifle for full power rifles, 6.5 Creedmoor and larger, ostensibly 308, but this would also cover any full caliber rifle. M1 Garands, FAL pattern, HK G3/91 pattern, AR-10s, etc. 6.5 Creedmoor is now commonly produced in autoloaders for military and open market, so it made sense to start there.

Bolts guns and lever guns could work too and be fun, but everything needs to be fed via the receiver. Fishing rod style feeding puts hand in front of muzzle, which isn’t safe in a shooting competition, so those types of guns won’t be allowed.

I’ll be shooting my FAL with a dot optic in this weekend’s match.
Saw you running the FAL this past weekend! I didn't compete this time but me and a few friends went to watch for a bit. Our friend Sam was running the AK.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Big Bad Wolf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love seeing this in the metro area. It’s been a while since being able to do a rifle competition. Looking forward to this in the next few months since I can’t make this month’s session (March 2024)

Latest posts

Top Bottom