Rifles CCW in your vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now dont quote me but I thought the CCW had to be under 16in overall. That would drop out everything but handguns, plus I think it stipulates handguns.

I could be totally wrong.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the valid permit you can carry a shotgun or rifle with the mag or tube loaded but,the chamber must be empty. It doesn't have to be concealed.I got this from one of CLEET's lawyers.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TRANSPORTING A LOADED FIREARM
Except as otherwise provided by the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act or another provision of law, it
shall be unlawful to transport a loaded pistol, rifle or shotgun in a land borne motor vehicle over a public highway or
roadway. However, a rifle or shotgun may be transported clip or magazine loaded and not chamber loaded when
transported in an exterior locked compartment of the vehicle or trunk of the vehicle or in the interior compartment of the
vehicle notwithstanding the provisions of Section 1289.7 of this title when the person is in possession of a valid
handgun license pursuant to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act.
Any person convicted of a violation of this section shall be punished as provided in Section 1289.15 of this title.
Any person who is the operator of a vehicle or is a passenger in any vehicle wherein another person who is
licensed pursuant to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act to carry a concealed handgun and is carrying a concealed handgun
or has concealed a handgun or rifle or shotgun in such vehicle shall not be deemed in violation of the provisions of this
section provided the licensee is in or near the vehicle.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TITLE 21 § 1289.7. Firearms in vehicles

Any person, except a convicted felon, may transport in a motor vehicle a rifle or shotgun concealed behind a seat
of the vehicle or within the interior of the vehicle
provided the rifle or shotgun is not clip, magazine or chamber loaded.
The authority to transport a clip or magazine loaded rifle or shotgun shall be pursuant to Section 1289.13 of this title.

TITLE 21 § 1289.13. Transporting a loaded firearm

TRANSPORTING A LOADED FIREARM

Except as otherwise provided by the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act or another provision of law, it
shall be unlawful to transport a loaded pistol, rifle or shotgun in a land borne motor vehicle over a public highway or
roadway. However, a rifle or shotgun may be transported clip or magazine loaded and not chamber loaded when
transported in an exterior locked compartment of the vehicle or trunk of the vehicle or in the interior compartment of the
vehicle notwithstanding the provisions of Section 1289.7 of this title when the person is in possession of a valid
handgun license pursuant to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act.

rickeyparker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can carry a magazine or tube feed loaded rifle or shotgun behind the seat if its not chambered and only if I am a CCW holder, If I dont have a CCW I can carry a rifle or shotgun unloaded behind the seat. Or loaded in the tube or mag if its in a locked container outside of the cab area. I think thats right , But correc me if I am worng.

Latest posts

Top Bottom