Rifles CCW in your vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look up the self defense act and it clearly states the info you are looking for. Actually I beleive if you call OSBI they will send you a copy. Its small, purple, and very handy for questions like this

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The link to the OSBI website and the complete Self Defense Act are posted on this forum as a Sticky. Or you can go to the OSBI website and read it or even download it.
Several people have answered this question incorrectly. Please go back and read the law before you give bad advice. 1289.13 is the correct citation and clearly explains how an SDA permit holder may carry loaded long-guns!

BravoOne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look up the self defense act and it clearly states the info you are looking for. Actually I beleive if you call OSBI they will send you a copy. Its small, purple, and very handy for questions like this

OSBI will not send you a hard copy... I tried that a few months ago because I wanted an updated edition and the gal that I talked to e-mailed me a digital copy and gave me the link...

She specifically told me that OSBI won't send you one, but to go to the local Sheriff's office for a hard copy...

Just wanted to throw that out there so no one wasted their time...

ImaBBaller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OSBI will not send you a hard copy... I tried that a few months ago because I wanted an updated edition and the gal that I talked to e-mailed me a digital copy and gave me the link...

She specifically told me that OSBI won't send you one, but to go to the local Sheriff's office for a hard copy...

Just wanted to throw that out there so no one wasted their time...

You might could work around that by requesting an application for a CCL to be mailed to you and I believe it will contain a copy of the SDA book.

Latest posts

Top Bottom