Carry options on college campus?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you get something like a Console Vault, I wouldn't worry too much about leaving it in the car. That's for OU's Norman campus. If you're talking about, f'rinstance, the Health Sciences Center in OKC, that's not a particularly nice part of town (probably its proximity to the Capitol), so I wouldn't leave anything in a vehicle unless it was in a locked container that's bolted to the vehicle.
This would be in W'ford, so hopefully less concern than OU, and especially less than OU Med. The console vault is something I forgot about, thank you for the idea!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Glock 'em down I believe is or may have used to be campus PD. Perhaps he can elaborate or add to this discussion.

A very touchy subject indeed. My opinion may not coincide with other college campus police/security officers, and it by no means sets a standard of protocol for ANY college campus in Oklahoma or even other states.

Now that I have the disclaimer out of the way, here's my :twocents: on the subject.

I believe in the don't ask, don't tell policy. If you as a student, of proper age to do so can legally carry a firearm in the state of Oklahoma, then I have no problem with you keeping your weapon in your vehicle. In all reality, I could see said student as being an ally if I were needing assistance.

On the other hand, I could also see said student becoming enraged at a classmate, instructor or snack bar employee and retrieving his weapon from his vehicle to "settle the score."

It's a double edged sword and a slippery slope for sure. There's really no cut and dried answer to this ever popular question.

JokerofDeath

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s a big no-go on campus, all “prohibited” items and ammunition must stay in a personal vehicle. You can carry a small knife, lol just not to any games.

Side note, pepper spray/ mace along with a knife as easily accessible should definitely be in her edc, especially if she’s going out to campus corner at night. Vehicle break ins happen but often times it’s because someone left their laptop or backpack in the car. This past semester I do not believe there were any break ins.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom