Rimfire scope suggestions please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got my older daughter a Crickett rifle this summer, which she picked because of the very small size and weight. I'd like to put a scope on it so that she'll have more fun shooting it, but it is a $100 rifle, and I'm not interested in spending much on an optic for it. Any suggestions? I guess if I have to spend more than the rifle on an optic then I will, but I'd rather not.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand not wanting to spend $500 on a scope for a cricket, but something like $200 would be reasonable. It's not like you can't take it off and put it on something else later. That's the great thing about optics.

That said, I'd probably look at a redfield or a Nikon.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something like this RED DOT cheap, easy for beginners to use, she will hit the target, have fun, and most importantly continue to want to go shoot HER gun with dad!

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have you thought about letting her learn how to shoot open sights first, then go to a scope? Pretty handy to know how to do that. But as far as scopes go, check out the Center Points, I know a lot of folks are just waiting to jump on and kill that statement, but they are pretty decent scopes for plinking. I've been using one on my .223 for 3 yrs and it still keeps zero, adjusts windage/yardage and comes back to zero every time. Only fault is it isn't great in low light conditons, like right before dark.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I've had her shoot irons. The gun has a pretty long, heavy trigger- for a child. The best way to go about this is getting a single-focal-point aiming system so she can concentrate on triggering. I'll probably get a red dot.

shooter226

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My boss and I were at the SHOT show and ordered one for his son. They picked one with beautiful wood for this rifle. I mounted a Lup. compact on it. this was 15 years ago. That rifle at one time was shot over 500 rounds per week. His dad owned a range. I would win soda's all day betting on that kid. He was a teriffic shot. I loved to watch him beat all the hi mod. Rugers that he shot against with that little bolt action single shot.

Mark

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have heard good things about the Mueller scopes sold here:

http://www.mizzoumuleguns.com/

particularly for rimfires. If I didn't already find an old Marlin scope which matched my rifle, this is the route I would have tried.

Warning - dude's sight is tragically hard to navigate though.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I got my older daughter a Crickett rifle this summer, which she picked because of the very small size and weight. I'd like to put a scope on it so that she'll have more fun shooting it, but it is a $100 rifle, and I'm not interested in spending much on an optic for it. Any suggestions? I guess if I have to spend more than the rifle on an optic then I will, but I'd rather not.

Go to Crickett's web site, they sell a scope and the proper mount for the rifle. Its what I did for my nephew this past Christmas. Plus the paint job.
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_DSCN5097.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_DSCN5094.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_DSCN5078.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_JackII.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_Jack.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom