Rise Armament or Larue Tactical trigger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard that Phil Strader, former president of USPSA, runs an 11oz trigger on his competition pistol.
One of our USPSA Shooters in Ponca has a 1911 with a 1lb trigger. He won't let anybody shoot it unless you dry fire it a half dozen times so you know what to expect. Way too light IMHO, but it works for him.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be comfortable with that. Feegee did some work on his trigger and got 1lb 12 oz on a Lyman digital guage. That scares me.

My CZ TSO is 1lb 6oz on a Lyman. And yes it is a bit scary. Many are in that neighborhood from what I’ve read. I have a Tanfoglio sear spring to install that should give it a bit more wall and come in closer to 2lb. I’ve let a round go as I was prepping the trigger a few times coming back on target and hit a bit high.
I give it the respect it deserves, no demands while shooting bowling pins. But, it is going to get the sear spring swap before I take it to a USPSA match.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Well I had about decided to go with the LaRue until I saw the Rise on sale with free shipping.

I installed the RA-140 yesterday and dry firing it feels like it's just what I wanted.

I suspected that the single stage 3.5# advertised pull weight would feel heavier than the 4.5# pull weight of the LaRue because with the two stage it is 2#s plus 2.5#s with the first stage feeling like normal take up in most triggers then the 2.5# second stage is actually the felt trigger pull, and that is the way it turned out for me.

Now to get to the nearest outdoor range to break in this new build.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I finally got to try out the RA trigger this weekend and I was very pleased with it.

Shooting it compared to the milspec trigger was like night and day.

I still want to try the LaRue trigger for comparison but I would be happy to have the RA in any AR.

Latest posts

Top Bottom