Rise Armament or Larue Tactical trigger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gonna do the mandatory OSA sidetracking of this thread.

Anyone had any issues with light primer strikes from an RA-140? I had some light strikes a couple months ago at a match. Figured I didn't get the brass fully resized. Broke the bullets down and they looked fine. I had shot probably 50 rounds through it since then. Then this weekend had 3 that had light primer strikes. This was brand new brass and I know it was sized right. Had a buddy try it and they fired in his gun no problem. I guess if it happens again I will keep them and try a different trigger group in the gun without doing anything else. Gun only had maybe 100 rounds in since it was last cleaned thoroughly.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an RA-140 and haven't had that happen at all... haven't had it a long time though, probably somewhere between 100 - 200 rounds.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Anyone had any issues with light primer strikes from an RA-140? I had some light strikes a couple months ago at a match. Figured I didn't get the brass fully resized. Broke the bullets down and they looked fine. I had shot probably 50 rounds through it since then. Then this weekend had 3 that had light primer strikes. This was brand new brass and I know it was sized right. Had a buddy try it and they fired in his gun no problem. I guess if it happens again I will keep them and try a different trigger group in the gun without doing anything else. Gun only had maybe 100 rounds in since it was last cleaned thoroughly.
I remember reading that over tightening the anti walk pins can cause some problems with the trigger.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Not at all. I've got somewhere north of 600 rounds on mine so far.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

No issues with light strikes on either of the RA-140's in the AR platform.

Latest posts

Top Bottom