Rise of the Warrior Cop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This world isn't Mayberry anymore, Criminals evolved their tactics, so Police must do the same. It's not "Militarization".

I agree. I often wonder when I first see a pic on the net of an armored vehicle if it could belong to a SOT team, or is a mobile meth lab. It's become confusing.

When LEOs dress like the military, act like the military, use the same equipment as the military - it's "militarization". Let's not kid ourselves.

Bluewing

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My kids and I watch Andy Griffith every night ( yes I know it's a show ) but watch a few of them and note the way police were portrayed then and how they are now. I don't expect them to bring me groceries when I am sick, but a little serve and protect would be nice. When the last time you saw a police officer pull over and help someone w/ a flat? I was in a accident recently and had a trooper help me with a ride home out of his way, one bad thing about him is he's retiring in three months. He even told me how shocked he was at the younger guys and how different they are.

I saw a Highway patrolman helping an older man change a flat tire on the side of the Muskogee turnpike 4 days ago. Temp about 94, sunny, little wind, and high humidity. Same'o same'o stuff concerning LEOs as far as i am concerned. There are good guys(and gals) just like there are ones with bad attitudes. My view is is give respect and you will get respect. Only had about two encounters with what i would call a LEO that graduated in the bottom of the class. I try to ignore and drive away thinking i didn't desrve that......but i probably did about a year ago when i got away with..blah,blah,blah. It evens out in the long run and i try to do the right thing from then on. (we are all human) (but, a pretty morning, open road, no traffic, new tires on the bike, wellll it just my a&& on the line. you get the idea.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's not overlook the fact that applicants with military background are given preference over those without it. A good deal of cops now ARE soldiers, in blue instead of brown.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This should have been titled "Rise of the OSA Doper".

I laugh every time I read were police shouldn't do night time raids, or all of a sudden people are experts on how to conduct police operations.

This world isn't Mayberry anymore, Criminals evolved their tactics, so Police must do the same. It's not "Militarization".

Yeah, now they're GROWING PLANTS and ****!

I refuse to "leave it to the experts" when it is plain to see the "experts" are using unnecessarily dangerous and forceful techniques to do their jobs. All this is beside the point that the whole job they are doing in these types of cases is morally wrong and harmful to the liberty of everyone, not just "dopers." By the way, does applying that label to your opponents make it easier to dismiss their arguments, or are you just being a dick?

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, now they're GROWING PLANTS and ****!

I refuse to "leave it to the experts" when it is plain to see the "experts" are using unnecessarily dangerous and forceful techniques to do their jobs. All this is beside the point that the whole job they are doing in these types of cases is morally wrong and harmful to the liberty of everyone, not just "dopers." By the way, does applying that label to your opponents make it easier to dismiss their arguments, or are you just being a dick?

Easy Cheech, no reason to take the dopers comment personally. Actually considering many of your past post, there very well could be. I'm just funin :-) I am however surprised and saddened that you just completely ignored my previous post. Is that common practice?

The Guerena raid resulted in a firefight conducted in a house with a kid in it and sent rounds into a house next door if I remember right.

That is not a win in my book.

It sure did. Why don't you consider it a win? I'm curious if you place the blame for that on the LEOs. If you are, as I think, doing this then that is a large part of what is wrong with or society today. The result of the Guerena incident was solely his fault. He's the one who was part of a multi million dollar drug organization. He's the one who chose to do this with his wife and child in his home. He's the one who chose to provoke a gunfight, in his home, with his family inside. This blame shifting, accountability lacking, responsibility lacking sense of superiority is what is gnawing at the seams of our nation.

chevyboy123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This should have been titled "Rise of the OSA Doper".

I laugh every time I read were police shouldn't do night time raids, or all of a sudden people are experts on how to conduct police operations.

So tell us what's different criminals are still doing illegal things with illegal tools. I fail to see anything different than 100 or even 200 years ago aside from it's easier to break the law and be labeled a criminal.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom