RK Gun Show Jan 28,29, 2012 OKC fairgrounds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I broke my rule and went. Apparently only with the ad from the daily Oklahoman was it a 6 dollar show. Although a decent show. But I still shouldn't have caved and only gotten a dollar off. Did find a good price on some ammo and components. But still feel like I was robbed getting in the door. But a good crowd with some good guns. Did find one I'm still considering going back to get tomorrow. A heck of a deal on a no. 1 ruger.

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
nice, big show, but left with nothing... probably the last show ill go to. No offense, but most vendors pricing sucked. and the admission was definitely 12, not sure what the deal is there. and you were right, not any deals on lowers. a few Spikes lowers, but stripped for $190? Come on...

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I posted in the other thread, I'm posting here in case the RK people happen to look.

I was off, was in OKC and thought about your show, but after reading about the advertised $6 pricing and the promoters' refusal to honor their own advertised pricing, I changed my mind. Money in hand, an attitude to pick up a new gun, and excitement to be off work and able to attend a gun show for the first time in over a year.

But I won't go for a bait & switch gig. There are lots of options in terms of purchasing, from local dealers to forums/private sales, to online dealers and FFL transfers. All of which end up with less hassle and less bad taste than a gun show run like this one sounds to have been.

Sorry, RK guys... Beanie Babies, cushioned insoles and freeze-dried fruit vendors are not worth paying that kind of money to get in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom