RK Gun Show Jan 28,29, 2012 OKC fairgrounds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i39.tinypic.com_23tmqkj.jpg

Sorry guys, I did not know about the change to $12. until after the show began, my self along with most of the other vendors thought it was a $6.00 show. That being said. They passed out a paper showing future shows, stating that it will be $12. from now on and the table rent has also been increased to cover their costs.

We were shocked just like you were, but myself and several other vendors wondered how long they would be able to offer a $6.00 show and $25. tables with out going under. I have been told by several sources that the fairgrounds keeps going up on their fees, and that when it is the only area suited for gun shows, if you don's pay you cannot play.

They do not care if a promoter stops signing up for the dates, because there are others waiting in line that are more than willing to take those dates for anything from a flee markets to crafts shows, or other up and coming promoters with another gun show.

I do not live in a dream world where I think everyone gets in free, if that worked don't you think someone would have done it by now. Those that I hear this idea from, have alot to say, but I have never see any of them step up with their money and attempt to put on a free show, they just complain and complain, that does nothing but make an atmosphere of bad feelings, which make even more bad feelings. Don't just talk the talk, show us what you are made of and walk the walk, put your money where your mouth is. It is easy to sit behind a computer and complain.

What I find odd is that when they were offering a $6. show most of our people that are negitive just loved them, now that they are going up to $12. they are bad people. I do agree that the way they went about it could have been better, but I am sure they did not feel very good when the people were ready to buy tickets at the advertized price were upset and told them about it.

Now with the question, will we stop setting up an island at their shows and Metcalf shows? We will continue to set up islands at those shows in OKC and continue to provide our customers the best prices, parts, weapons and service we can. We will not stop setting up an island at the big W show in Tulsa because those tables go for $148. to $158. a table. If it gets more than we can afford, and we stop making a profit, we will just stop going, and not complain, because we did not have enough money to play.

The person that said that they could not find a low cost stripped lower must have not stopped by our island, because we were selling Calico Jack, Spikes stripped lowers for $99.95 each, along with Armalite stripped lowers for $156., Yankee Hill machine stripped lowers for $125. , Rock River complete lowers less the butt stock for $299. and Plum Crazy complete lowers for $129.95.

Like I always tell people deals are to be had if you just look and ask. Those that know me, know that I set my prices do not dicker back and forth, I do not play that game like others do.

MF.

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The person that said that they could not find a low cost stripped lower must have not stopped by our island, because we were selling Calico Jack, Spikes stripped lowers for $99.95 each, along with Armalite stripped lowers for $156., Yankee Hill machine stripped lowers for $125. , Rock River complete lowers less the butt stock for $299. and Plum Crazy complete lowers for $129.95.

Like I always tell people deals are to be had if you just look and ask. Those that know me, know that I set my prices do not dicker back and forth, I do not play that game like others do.

MF.

How did I miss you guys? I came pretty late Sunday, maybe they were gone? Every table I saw with AR parts I asked... Oh well, live and learn. All in all, it was a great show, just left a bad taste in my mouth. If I came off overly negative, I apologize. I had a great time.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like gun shows because I learn so much at them, working with AR15/M16 as long as I have, I am always learning something new. There are a couple of vendors that are at some of the shows that I can talk to for hours, and learn more and more. There are so many ways of doing things, and some make life a lot easer when building. I am one of those people that thirst for knowledge all the time, you can never know it all, although some people think they do. There are new things coming out all the time, or improvements of things that have been around for a long time.

You will also notice that I am also one of those people that look at a glass as half full not half empty.

Life is to short, enjoy the ride!

Latest posts

Top Bottom