Roll call for tomorrow or this weekend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

two-click

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Leaving in an 1/2 hour for Colorado pronghorn so I won't be going here and besides that we lost our lease this year & haven't found a replacement . O well off to Colorado .

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made a sickening discovery this morning. My son and I were going in to tie up some loose ends I didn't have time for last trip and saw buzzards, and I jokingly said that it was probably one of our big bucks dead. Well, it wasn't one we're hunting, but it was a 120 class 3 year old 10 point. It had to be poached, and the likely culprit is the pumper. If I can prove it, he's in trouble.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made a sickening discovery this morning. My son and I were going in to tie up some loose ends I didn't have time for last trip and saw buzzards, and I jokingly said that it was probably one of our big bucks dead. Well, it wasn't one we're hunting, but it was a 120 class 3 year old 10 point. It had to be poached, and the likely culprit is the pumper. If I can prove it, he's in trouble.

Was it rifle shot?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sucks, getting something like that to stick short of a confession is near impossible too.

The only way is bullet recovery, and ballistics comparison.

I've watched the Game warden show in Alaska. They use a metal detector to try and find a bullet so they can do that. Their animals are a lot bigger than ours, so finding a bullet is more likely than a whitetail.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I climbed in my stand at 630 yesterday morning. At 7am, my old friend, who couldn't handle the buck I shot 2 years ago and ended our friendship over it, stomps in at 7am and climbs a tree 40 yards away. It's public land, so I can't get mad, but he knew I was there and still setup. I saw 2 does at 40 yards but they didn't stop, so I didn't get a shot. I had 2 young 8 points come within 7 yards, but they smelled the other guy and left back the way they came.

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_10_02_d22fbe63451e196d635892f5ea8a5127.jpg

About 930 I hear him mouth bleet and his crossbow go off. I hear the deer run off. I'm happy for him as I wouldn't have seen the deer he shot. 10 minutes later, I hear a deer blow behind me and turn to see a good buck haul butt out of there. I'm very meticulous about advent control, but know the other guy isn't. I wait for him to get down and go find his deer. He hollers when he finds it. I quietly get out of my tree and head out as he's on his phone making a racket. Don't know what he shot...

Latest posts

Top Bottom