Romy G AK-47 is finished

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Started this project about a month ago and finally finished it yesterday. Of course we had to go out back and see if it worked. Tom brought over a couple of his AK's and we had a great time blowing up water filled milk jugs.

This all started with Tom having a Romy kit and me wanting a project. I more or less followed the instructions on SurplusRifle and must admit it didn't turn out too bad. http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=25304

This is what I started with...
awww.somethinxtra.com_Public_AK47Parts.jpg

Went to Harbor Freight, bought a pair of 24" bolt cutters and ground the jaws per the tutorial. Problem was trying to hold the receiver, keep the rivet in place and precisely position the crimp jaws when you are 24" away from the work. I finally gave up and decided to use the press. Picture explains it better than I could.
awww.somethinxtra.com_Public_AKftPress.jpg

Ended up making rivet tools and buying a couple items that I decided were easier to purchase than make. Doubt I'll be building another so am planning on gathering up all the tools and listing them in classified. The one in the middle is the one I built. Pretty challenging and allot of work but it was sure satisfying when it went bang and didn't come apart.
awww.somethinxtra.com_Public_AKdone.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom