Route 66 bridge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anybody know when and if they are going to remove the damn they created to restore this bridge at lake overholser? I took my boat out last weekend hoping to go up the river and the construction company had damned up the river to where boats cannot access the river this is BS.:cry11: any info would be greatly appreciated.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I passed by there yesterday and and saw them working on the bridge. That is a really old bridge! I'm surprised they are redoing it after sitting closed all these years. Why not tear it out and put a brand new one in or take it out all together?

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
to many people use that bridge to just keep it closed. The temp dam will be removed upon completion. They just needed a solid work surface below the bridge.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I passed by there yesterday and and saw them working on the bridge. That is a really old bridge! I'm surprised they are redoing it after sitting closed all these years. Why not tear it out and put a brand new one in or take it out all together?

It's of "historical significance". Somehow that justifies extra time and money to "restore" instead of "replace".

Latest posts

Top Bottom