Ruger 10/22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMD

I came, I saw, I made it awkward
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know it is about $250 but wouldn't a complete volquartsen trigger be a better option. since what I have read is the parts might not be compatible with other parts
Yeah that would be a great upgrade as well. A trigger upgrade, while really nice, isn't as necessary an upgrade at the firing pin and extractor is. The extractor and firing pin are much more likely to wear compared to the trigger. If you drop in a new trigger you should still do the extractor and firing pin. The auto bolt release is just a really nice thing to have. Ive done this to a couple 10/22s, they were both stock bolts, not had a compatibility problem. Not saying others haven't but not my experience.

Coug91

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got plenty of time and a few Shekels to spare at the moment. At least until momma finds my stash
Change that stash into goodies. :-) Faxon is another place that had 10/23 receivers. As does Tactical Innovation. I have a couple of their lowers as base for AR builds and they're good.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, the going rate for a basic 10/22 seems to be $350-ish,,,
By the time a person gets through accessorizing,,,
How much in total will you shell out?

One range acquaintance of mine is very fond of bragging about his tricked out 10/22,,,
Honestly I thing the basic frame is the only original part on his rifle,,,
He once told me he had over $900 invested in the rifle.

Is this the norm for you 10/22 lovers?

Honestly, I'm not ragging on you,,,
I'm just curious as to the motivation behind it.

So on average, how much do you fanatics spend after the original rifle purchase?

Aarond

Rugerscout80

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, the going rate for a basic 10/22 seems to be $350-ish,,,
By the time a person gets through accessorizing,,,
How much in total will you shell out?

One range acquaintance of mine is very fond of bragging about his tricked out 10/22,,,
Honestly I thing the basic frame is the only original part on his rifle,,,
He once told me he had over $900 invested in the rifle.

Is this the norm for you 10/22 lovers?

Honestly, I'm not ragging on you,,,
I'm just curious as to the motivation behind it.

So on average, how much do you fanatics spend after the original rifle purchase?

Aarond

I buy a rifle when it's on sale or used. Usually try for under $250. Barrel I have spent a $100-$500. Stocks I haven't spent more than $200. Accessories it all just depends. Maybe another $100-$200. Then I sell the factory barrel for $40-$80 on eBay. The stock I usually get $20-$60. My carbon fiber Volquartsen rifle I have a decent chunk of change in. The average ones I have customized in between $500-$700 depending on parts.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I built a target 10/22 using all Kidd parts with a Weaver T-36 scope and it's a true .250" rifle at 50 yards depending on condition. At 100 yards on a good day when the conditions are right and the Oklahoma wind is cooperating the rifle has shot .500" to .750" groups at 100 yards.

The only original parts from RUGER are the receiver and laminated stock.

IIRC The Kidd barrel was $200.00, the Kidd trigger was $300.00 and is set at 4 ounces, the Kidd bolt was $100.00.

The expensive and time consuming part of building and proving out the rifle was running various types of ammo thru the rifle to find which ammo the rifle liked because on different days depending on temperature, humidity, dew point, barometric pressure the rifle will like different ammunition. l settled on 4 types of ammo for the10/22. My Anschutz is very picky with brands of ammo and l settled on 3 types of ammo for it. Of course the ammo both rifles preferred is in the $10.00 to $20.00 a box of 50 rounds

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I'd like to have a stainless takedown. Should have bought the one listed the other day. Probably add a Magpul stock and tacsol barrel with extended mag release and better trigger group before I sold it on here for way less than I had in it. 🥵

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to have a stainless takedown. Should have bought the one listed the other day. Probably add a Magpul stock and tacsol barrel with extended mag release and better trigger group before I sold it on here for way less than I had in it. 🥵
I’ll just send you my parts list, and I don’t want a takedown, then I’ll buy it for 25% less when you get bored.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another rifle l have set up for some people not wanting to spend a bunch of money is a CZ 457 with a decent priced scope. Some of the CZ's are really accurate and a replacement barrel like a Lilja or Krieger can change em into a very accurate rifle.

To make a CZ more fun to shoot most of em need the trigger tuned up for lighter trigger pull and to eliminate creep.

Latest posts

Top Bottom