Ruger 22/45 vs. Browning Buckmark

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer the Buckmark due to the ease of cleaning and the modularity, not to mention how inexpensive replacement parts such as extractors, recoil spring assemblies, firing pins, etc. are. Get one of the new models with the enhanced slides (wings at the rear and/or full height slide serrations). They're much easier to operate if you get hammer fall on a dead round.

BDSolutionsArdmore

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a big 22/45 fan personally. As far as them being difficult to field strip yes they are horrible the first time you do it, and it will probably take a couple times to get it put back together right. After that first heartache it is a snap. I can field strip mine in way less than a minute now, and it is about that fast to get it back together. I like the 22/45 becasue of the grip angle. The buckmarks are nice as well you really can't go wrong with either.

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Ruger Mk 2 and a Browning Challenger III, of the two I prefer the Browning. Its easier to clean and clear the occasional jam than the Ruger.
However I think they are both great guns.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to vote for the Ruger 22/45. I fell in love with it the first time I fired it. It fits better and shoots straighter than any of my other 22s.