Ruger 22/45 vs. Browning Buckmark

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been happy with my older model buckmark, but the ruger 22/45 in the Mark 3 version only felt good and shot well for me. I have shot an older mark 2 22/45 and was not impressed. If you are thinking of swapping barrels at any point in the future, the buckmark is a much better/easier choice.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems to me that the Rugers cost more if you get one that's not an entry level model, those seem to be priced pretty similarly. I went with the Buckmark for the very reasons Glocktogo stated. But they are both very good guns and will serve you well. Rent both and buy the one you like.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a Buckmark and a Ruger Mark III and I prefer the Buckmark better because of the trigger. I don't even shoot the Ruger anymore, thats been relagated to the little ladies gun.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
. I don't even shoot the Ruger anymore, thats been relagated to the little ladies gun.

You better hope she doesn't see this or it might be yours. :rollingla

As for me my Buckmark has been a favorite for a long time.
Seems I bought it in the early 80's.
Easy to point. Easy to pull. Eats anything. Less expensive. YMMV

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went with the Ruger, but would have no issues with either. I think it was a bit less than the Buckmark. I paid about $250 new for mine.

Chas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the Buckmark a little better. I think the Ruger is a fine pistol to, the Browning just felt a little better. I haven't been sorry

akabickle

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my buckmark camper for 300 new but i think the same model now is like 400. Brought plenty of squirrels down with it and never regreted my purchase. Do all the Ruger 22/45's have the bull barrel? I bought the buckmark for mainly that reason... and the name of course.