SA-22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All of a sudden I'm getting the hankering for a Browning SA-22. Those of you with experience please chime in with your positives and negatives.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All of a sudden I'm getting the hankering for a Browning SA-22. Those of you with experience please chime in with your positives and negatives.
That was literally my first rimfire rifle. I bought it when I was 17 with money I made baling hay. They're so trim and elegant. Carries like a dream for squirrel and rabbits. I don't really hunt anymore and let mine go a few years ago. Someday I plan to replace it with a Belgian manufactured Grade VI blued.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Dad had one I shot some, very accurate. Killed a lot of squirrels with it. I saw my Dad kill 10 quail one after the other at about 20 feet all head shots with open shots (10 was the limit!)

justshootin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do it! You won't regret it. Find a Belgium made. The Japanese made are almost as nice tho

Be careful shooting on a benchrest tho. Those dang 22 shells are HOT coming out the bottom. Always rolls under my left forearm.

jimeradams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad had a mid-50's Belgium made SA-22. I remember him shooting it off the roof of a car with the result of brass bouncing into the pocket of a cotton shirt he was wearing. He couldn't get that brass out of his pocket near quick enough! Great shooting little rifle!

Latest posts

Top Bottom