Ruger discontinuing the Mini 14 ????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every firearm ever made is a POS when used outside of it's spectrum of ability to preform. I have a Mini 30 it is no tack driver, it is how ever ultimately reliable and will manage 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 groups with good ammo. Hunting whitetails in the thick saw briars and brush of southeastern Oklahoma it will not take second place to any rifle made. When I hear folks belittle the mini it makes me wonder what foolishness they have been up to with the little carbine. If you like to punch tiny holes in paper or hunt the wheat fields and wide open spaces the mini is probably not for you. But If you need a close quarters reliable weapon that wont break the bank, the mini fits the bill.

Pat

I would have to agree with you after being in SE Okla for the first time this spring on a trout fishing trip. I didn't seen many areas where you could make a 100 yd shot. 50 yds or less would be the norm. Probably much less.
You make a good point.
In the NE part of the country the .30-30 is still king as 30 to 50 yd shots are all you can make. Myself, In the NC part in Grant county where I hunt...better have something that will work in the 200-400+yd range.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the mini, and the newer models with the heavier barrels are more accurate than the old ones. Besides no one shoots 1000 yds. with a .223 so 2''-3'' accuracy is more than acceptable for the caliber.

Latest posts

Top Bottom