Ruger LCR vs. S&W 442

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mprvise

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I read almost every review of both before purchasing and went with the LCR. After doing some shopping around I found one for the right price and took it home. It saw its first range time last week. Love it!

ImplodedMindZ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the LCR yesterday, and although i was originally looking at the 442 i liked the reviews of the grip and polymer frame helping to reduce felt recoil. Got it for the right price too. Kinda surprised about the pictures about because the barrel is steel, Dont think ill be running much +P ammo.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the 442 and the LCR. In my opinion the LCR shoots and feels better. The 442 is what I carry because I have a front pocket hoster and havent bought a holster for the LCR yet. I have however purchased a LCP with holster and love it!

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, been at work and just now reading the responses. Thanks to all that have replied. Still on the rail but leaning to the Smith for nostalgic and resale value reasons in case it ever gets traded off.
Being a SA guy for cc, I've collected a decent pile of small pistols and bolsters. With small revolvers, who makes trigger covering pocket bolsters?

Reaction score
I have a 642 which I carry in a pocket holster ss cylinder. No abnormal wear issues as it is a carry weapon she will get a nick here or there in the coating of the aluminum frame.

My only recomendation would be to replace factory grips with a CT LG-405 as it has an air pocket to reduce felt recoil very simular to the LCR standard grip.

But either way you can't go wrong as we all know Ruger/S$W produce some of the best wheel guns around.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom