Ruger made Marlins finally ship

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Probably going to wait for them to produce the 336.. I may have to buy one again. I got rubbed wrong when I bought a Remington made Marlin. Rear site was dovetailed into the rifle crooked. Couldn’t hit anything…. And this was the stainless steel 336.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am very cynical.
I expect plenty of fawning admiration from the gun press (including the American Rifleman) for a product from a big advertiser like Ruger.
I also expect that if the guns are all right, there will be some You Tube "star" out to get click on his video that will be yelling OMG! about any issue, real or imagined -- and that is what will catch fire with gun enthusiasts.
(Somebody said that if the Internet was as big in the late 80s/early 90s as it is today, Glock handguns would have been a colossal failure. I think there is some truth to that.)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't care for the rail or the rear peep but do like the stainless and laminate. Drilled and tapped receiver is all I want with a buckhorn rear sight that's removable. They could put out a scope only model.

Latest posts

Top Bottom