Made 2 kids happy today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently picked up 2 Marlin 60s for a good price. After a good cleaning and minor repairs they worked perfectly.

These 2 young men were still using Crickets that were way to small for them. They have been saving up to get full size 22s but were still several $ short of even the cheapest 22 available.

I was going to just give them the rifles, but they insisted that just wouldn't do. So I made them a deal. I sold them the rifles for a whopping $75 ea.

They don't know it yet, but later today I'm going to run to town and put together a couple of cleaning kits for them as well.

20230715_152801.jpg

20230710_143152.jpg

Last edited:

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cleaning kits assembled and delivered.

Each kits consists of:
Plastic ammo can
6 way screw driver
Bore snake
Box of q-tips
3 pads of steel wool
Bottle of Hoppes cleaner
Bottle of gun oil
Roll of paper towels
Nylon and brass brushes
Plastic pick

Should be enough to get them started.

Ended the day by teaching them how to take apart, clean, and reassemble the rifles.

Last edited:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently picked up 2 Marlin 60s for a good price. After a good cleaning and minor repairs they worked perfectly.

These 2 young men were still using Crickets that were way to small for them. They have been saving up to get full size 22s but were still several $ short of even the cheapest 22 available.

I was going to just give them the rifles, but they insisted that just wouldn't do. So I made them a deal. I sold them the rifles for a whopping $75 ea.

They don't know it yet, but later today I'm going to run to town and put together a couple of cleaning kits for them as well.

View attachment 393383

View attachment 393451
very nice!! my first .22 fish gill i shot till the cows came home.! got it from my grampa. great gesture!

Latest posts

Top Bottom