Ruger MKIII

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont kid yourself though, even the MkII is a PITA until you do it a few times. Finicky little SOB's but they are great guns. I wish I had a half dozen of them.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont kid yourself though, even the MkII is a PITA until you do it a few times. Finicky little SOB's but they are great guns. I wish I had a half dozen of them.

Never considered them that difficult. Maybe I am mechanically inclined. Maybe its because I have always had one since 78. Need to get one more to make a half dozen MKII's tho.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v231_GLG20_DSC00221.jpg

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never considered them that difficult. Maybe I am mechanically inclined. Maybe its because I have always had one since 78. Need to get one more to make a half dozen MKII's tho.

I'll bet it's because you have so many and you've had them a long time. I am mechanically inclined and I wanted to beat it into scrap. Granted it was my first time taking one down and I had no manual to reference. Had to resort to YouTube after a couple failed attempts.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll bet it's because you have so many and you've had them a long time. I am mechanically inclined and I wanted to beat it into scrap. Granted it was my first time taking one down and I had no manual to reference. Had to resort to YouTube after a couple failed attempts.

Time has a lot to do with it. I agree that it would be much more difficult to disassemble without a owners manual. Its really not hard after you figure out how to position the hammer strut.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Time has a lot to do with it. I agree that it would be much more difficult to disassemble without a owners manual. Its really not hard after you figure out how to position the hammer strut.

And everything went completely smoothly until I got to trying to re-insert that mainspring housing as the final step. Over an hour of jacking with that little dingleberry to get it into the right place. Drove me to drinking! I really did have a beer afterwards to unwind from it haha, a good Pennsylvanian 6 pt beer too!

Latest posts

Top Bottom