Ruger heads up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone’s looking for either a Ruger Blackhawk or a Ruger Redhawk, Gene Sears has one of each.

The Blackhawk is 45 Colt/45 acp, 7.5” fluted blued, and looks to have been shot very little. Minimal turn line and cylinder face shows little powder fouling, and it has a really nice trigger pull and action. They’re asking $1050.

The Redhawk is 454 Casull , looks to be an older model with the fun metal grey finish, it’s been used. They’re asking either $985 or $995.

They aren’t my guns, I’m just passing it along.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seen a Redhawk I think it was at the rear of the glass counter yesterday and thought it was 1750.

OH wait that was a 357 Python.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had a Blackhawk 45 colt and a S&W TALO 357 and would not buy either brand again until I took pin gauges and checked the cylinders and then the barrel for it being pinched smaller where it enters the frame.
Ruger disappointed me 3 times now.
I would think a perfectly machined one would be sweet though.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had a Blackhawk 45 colt and a S&W TALO 357 and would not buy either brand again until I took pin gauges and checked the cylinders and then the barrel for it being pinched smaller where it enters the frame.
Ruger disappointed me 3 times now.
I would think a perfectly machined one would be sweet though.
Ruger machine work leaves a lot to be desired.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey there Paul, glad to see you again. They are close on the weekends, I was in there yesterday afternoon.

Swampratt I hear what your saying about Rugers QC. I’ve had several 45 Colt Blackhawks and the throats are always undersized.

But the last one I bought not only had undersized throats, I couldn’t even get a pin gage past the front sight.

I sent it to Bobby Tyler and he told me this week at least to him he didn’t feel it was safe to shoot, luckily I hadn’t.

So it’s getting another bbl. screwed on along with some other work.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey there Paul, glad to see you again. They are close on the weekends, I was in there yesterday afternoon.

Swampratt I hear what your saying about Rugers QC. I’ve had several 45 Colt Blackhawks and the throats are always undersized.

But the last one I bought not only had undersized throats, I couldn’t even get a pin gage past the front sight.

I sent it to Bobby Tyler and he told me this week at least to him he didn’t feel it was safe to shoot, luckily I hadn’t.

So it’s getting another bbl. screwed on along with some other work.
Wow what size pin gauge did you try?

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t remember right off, it was the largest one that would start down the end of the muzzle, mine are the (-) pin gages.

Bobby said he thought when they put the front sight in they got it too hot and deformed it some how.