Ruger MKIII

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncarper

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been looking for a Ruger MKIII (not 22/45) and it seems almost impossible to find the one I'm looking for. What's the deal? Are they that popular? I did find one at a Gun store in Ada, but they wanted about $150 more than what it's worth so I had to pass.

ncarper

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm wanting one of the target models; blued or stainless. I think I'm gonna head to the gun show in Norman this weekend and see what I can find.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are very popular. My MkII slab side target model is one of my favorite guns to shoot.

You will love the gun and hate taking it apart to clean.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are very popular. My MkII slab side target model is one of my favorite guns to shoot.

You will love the gun and hate taking it apart to clean.

Don't let this deter you. Convert it to a MKII takedown (cost is $10). MKII takedown is easy once one learns how it is done.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the MKII takedown?
Takedown is what you need to do when you clean the pistol. The Ruger MKIII is more complicated to takedown for cleaning than the earlier Ruger MKII. Aftermarket hammer bushings are available to install in a MKIII which in essence changes the procedure to break it down to the level of a MKII. Clear as mud?

Latest posts

Top Bottom