Ruger PC9 Carbine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's the same way going from the LCP to the LCP II. The gun is better (features wise, I've never shot either), but has way more sharp looking edges, and over done styling.

3701.jpg
3750.jpg
It looks like they are trying to make it appealing to kids. Too me, It looks ridiculous

scottb42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is PC9 locked breech?
Ruger seems to be calling it a "dead blow action" incorporating a tungsten weight, which suggests to me that it's blow-back or something essentially similar. I wouldn't think they'd need to go with a locked breech action on a 9mm carbine, but then I'm no gun designer.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not long ago Ruger was pretty good about having new products in the store almost as soon as they were announced. Looks like they've gotten away from that, which is frustrating. I hope they don't start releasing small numbers to artificially maintain demand and interest, ala Keltec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's the same way going from the LCP to the LCP II. The gun is better (features wise, I've never shot either), but has way more sharp looking edges, and over done styling.

3701.jpg
3750.jpg

I own an LCPII and I owned the first 2 LCP incarnations. The improvements in the LCPII over the original are like comparing night and day. Trigger is better, sights are better, guide rod is better, feels lighter and thinner, etc...