Ruger SR 22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cpolesen

After reading about the Walther "blowing up" I have decided to report that my brand new Ruger came apart. My friend who is new to guns was shooting a brand new, bought that day Ruger SR 22. She was on the second box of Stingers and the slide flew off the gun while shooting. The gun was sent back to Ruger and they replaced the ladder assembly ( whatever that is ). I shot about three clips through it. It shoots fine. Hope the new shooter isn't turned off by this event.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, that'll put a dent in your faith in a gun for sure. Sorry to hear about that. I hope the repaired gun stays together for her.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seen the Ruger today for the first time and liked it. I was thinking about getting a P22 again, but after looking at the SR22, I started thinking about that. I may need to wait for and and let Ruger get it worked out before I get one. I had the P22 when it first came out and the guy I sold it 2 said the slide busted in 2 part. I may go back the the P22 for a few years...

firewire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked at the Walther and Ruger side by side and they look like nearly the same gun with a few cosmetic changes. The take down and re-assembly, even some of the pins in the slide were in the same place.

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't. Buy. Zinc. Guns.

Cheaper(in every sense) materials.
Better mark-up for the manufacturer.
Cheaper to replace when they fail(for the manufacturer).

A used MkII runs the same $, or less. Even a Buckmark, or Woodsman, if you shop around

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't. Buy. Zinc. Guns.

Cheaper(in every sense) materials.
Better mark-up for the manufacturer.
Cheaper to replace when they fail(for the manufacturer).

A used MkII runs the same $, or less. Even a Buckmark, or Woodsman, if you shop around

The Walther has a zinc slide. The Ruger uses an aluminium slide with steel inserts.

C

cpolesen

Since this is still here and there seems to be some interest, I will Update. Ruger sent the gun back repaired in about one month. I sent about 200 rounds through it, rapid fire, slow fire and everthing in between. I am happy to report no missfires or comeaparts. The new owner is happy again. To answer Firecop, the slide went straight up. I think this was due to the fact that to disassemble you push the slide back and lift the back of the slide slightly upwards then slide forward to get the slide off of the frame. I like the gun as well, not as well as my Buck mark though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom