Rumsfeld on History Channel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you ever saw the documentary about McNamara where he was interviewed, the resemblance is stunning.
Parallels are uncanny.

So very true. I was thinking same thing. I was wondering why Rumsfeld? Why is the pointman for the Bush legacy? Then it clicked...McNamara was Kennedys pointman and VN was his war. Both very smart, manipulative guys.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rummie and Mac are of the exact same ilk,,,
Two men who can stand their and lie to your face,,,
Then justify calling you a traitor when you call their bull-droppings.

I watched MacNamara apologize on TV,,,
I too served under that S-O-B's war policies.

My comment at the time was,,,
If he's truly sorry why isn't he falling on a sword.

That would have made me happy.

Aarond

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I met Mr. Rumsfeld in 2006 when he awarded us our OIF medals. Cold, limp fish hand shake. Disappointing to think that's how world leaders were greeted.

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you ever saw the documentary about McNamara where he was interviewed, the resemblance is stunning.
Parallels are uncanny.

That documentary is called "The Fog of War" I think. It's been a few years but I never forgot how McNamara tried to rationalize the numbers game in a war. It was like he was playing the board game Risk,.. but with American lives. I remember not being able to sleep very well after watching that show.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thought it was interesting how Rumsfield said he never thought the American People had a misguided connection between Saddam Hussein and the terrorist attacks on 9/11. He was even able to say it with a straight face. "No, I don't think the public ever believed there was a connection between Hussein and 9/11. Never. I never heard that connection made in the white-house either. "

ugh.

Latest posts

Top Bottom