• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

North East OK Rural Home For Rent (Delaware Co.)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Rental business is tough if you get a good one make every concession you can to keep them especially if they can help w maintenance
Having someone who can help with maintenance is a big plus! We've been fortunate in that regards. Most of the renters that we have had did do their own small maintenance and they've even helped water the donkey (he's friendlier than a big dog).

There's also something to be said for not having to remind them to leave the faucets running every time that it gets below freezing; I hate replacing water lines.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Having someone who can help with maintenance is a big plus! We've been fortunate in that regards. Most of the renters that we have had did do their own small maintenance and they've even helped water the donkey (he's friendlier than a big dog).

There's also something to be said for not having to remind them to leave the faucets running every time that it gets below freezing; I hate replacing water lines.

Oh yes....We have a couple in now been two years they have two dogs, a huge friendly mastiff and a small tiger ....The hot water heater went out, he called and said he'd go to Lowes and get it and replaced it ....even getting a nice one on sale using his discount ....the next day before we could even call or get there,...we knew it was going to go soon. The house is cleaner then mine....

...wife mows three acres ....kids weed whip for mom....

John treats the house as if he owns it, .....asked if he could repaint the deck.....fixed the garage door motor and replaced the door floor seal..

No one would rent to them cause they had two dogs....

Good renters ,.....I'll lower the rent they try and leave.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Oh yes....We have a couple in now been two years they have two dogs, a huge friendly mastiff and a small tiger ....The hot water heater went out, he called and said he'd go to Lowes and get it and replaced it ....even getting a nice one on sale using his discount ....the next day before we could even call or get there,...we knew it was going to go soon. The house is cleaner then mine....

...wife mows three acres ....kids weed whip for mom....

John treats the house as if he owns it, .....asked if he could repaint the deck.....fixed the garage door motor and replaced the door floor seal..

No one would rent to them cause they had two dogs....

Good renters ,.....I'll lower the rent they try and leave.

Those are definitely the type of renters you want. Especially when it's like in our case, they'll be neighbors.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
64   0   0

Amen hopefully you get a good long term one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom