Rush , RIP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Talent on loan from GOD" Has been returned!
Sad, sad day. He can not be replaced.

All true, but the message remains.

Started listening to Rush in '92 for entertainment - anything to get me out of the funk I was in from going through my second divorce, getting laid off and running out of unemployment and savings. Man, what a boost I got! The man exudes inspiration, fortitude, and a get-off-your-ass-and-get-to-work attitude!

I took my last unemployment check, bought a Makita drill and some other miscellaneous tools and went to work installing drapes and blinds helping out a swamped-with-work friend. Within 2 years I had my own work room with seven employees making drapes and building custom furniture. Met and married my third wife of 23 years as well.

I now hold a manufacturer's FFL doing custom work on firearms in my "retirement".

Not to diminish anything my parents did to raise me, and though Rush never had any children of his own, he certainly helped "bring up" a lot of us. All while suffering addiction, going deaf, and enduring cancer.

I envy the Man Card he holds.

Woody

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree--no one could ever replace Rush. Who do I hope takes over the time slot? I prefer Mark Steyn, the "undocumented anchorman" from "Ice Station EIB." His humour was always a refreshing counterpoint to Rush's--not better but different--and his conservative views are on par with Rush's.

bobfuente

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
RIP Rush!!!
rush.jpg

Yes I bought this issue and have it safely tucked away!!! Back around 1989/190, I sent him an antique cigar case.

Bob Hope and George Burns were also cigar afficianados and lived to be 100. That being said, Rush died of lung cancer yet I always thought cigars were supposed to be puffed, rather than inhaled. Do many people inhale cigar smoke?

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree--no one could ever replace Rush. Who do I hope takes over the time slot? I prefer Mark Steyn, the "undocumented anchorman" from "Ice Station EIB." His humour was always a refreshing counterpoint to Rush's--not better but different--and his conservative views are on par with Rush's.

I have issues with Steyn's presentation/style, i.e. repeats himself too much, and I think he would grow/improve over time on that aspect. As regards his views, I agree he is on par with Rush and has been tempered in the fire of defending those views under weird Canadian law. This tempering raises his value in the evolving/expanding conflict with progressivism. I like his quirky humor, too.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Limbaugh was the voice of Conservatives throughout our country, especially for those who had no venue to speak. Rush, RIP you deserve it! May God comfort his family during this time of sorrow.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for replacements, I would like to have seen Walter E. Williams back on the air. He filled in for Rush many years ago, and I ALWAYS enjoyed his take on current events and policies. Being that he was an economist and college professor in that field, he taught me a lot. When he would guest host and then interview Thomas Sowell, I was really enjoying the discussions.

Sadly, Walter E. Williams has now passed as well, passing away last December.

Latest posts

Top Bottom