'Rust' Armorer Convicted: Involuntary Manslaughter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schlafftablett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based on some of the testimony that I listened to, it sounds like they had just enough dummies for the gun belts to fill them once and after a few action scenes, many of those dummies went missing. She consulted with the Armory owner and told him that she was going to have to look around the set for the lost dummies. Pure speculation, but I f I had to guess, I’d bet she went downtown, found a box of live LRN .45LC ammo and stuffed the gun belts, thinking that she would be the only one to actually load the Firearms affording her enough control to avoid an accident . What she didn’t count on was the actors ignorance and an even more disrespectful attitude toward the equipment than she had.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why the F*** was there EVER any LIVE ammo ON SET?

A supposed "professional" mixing live ammo with dummies; absolutely guilty.

A self absorbed, idiot actor (I remember, Baldwin stated in an interview, promoting "The Getaway", that he and his brothers were raised in a shooting household, had lots of safety and shooting training, that he was proficient. I would disagree. Picking up a firearm (even when believing it is a prop), LOADING that firearm (even IF believing it is a dummies round), then pointing at a person and PULLING trigger, is a dumbass move. He is as guilty as she is.

N5JBD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched most of the trial and from what I heard it was an all around ****-show. Listening to a couple of the "expert" witnesses I learned a lot about the different types of ammo used on a movie set. This job Armor needs to be done by a level headed, thick skinned professional. Hanna was neither. Baldwin got what he paid for.

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Wife has been listening to the trial, sounds like she was not very good at the job she was hired to do. According to the testimony she was very lackadaisical about what she was doing. No control of ammo or firearms, not always present when firearms were in a scene, had an open cart that was strewn with ammo not organized, and kept ammo in her fanny pack.
And it seems she was coked out and smoking weed. Mixed with firearms, not a good choice.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why the F*** was there EVER any LIVE ammo ON SET?

A supposed "professional" mixing live ammo with dummies; absolutely guilty.

A self absorbed, idiot actor (I remember, Baldwin stated in an interview, promoting "The Getaway", that he and his brothers were raised in a shooting household, had lots of safety and shooting training, that he was proficient. I would disagree. Picking up a firearm (even when believing it is a prop), LOADING that firearm (even IF believing it is a dummies round), then pointing at a person and PULLING trigger, is a dumbass move. He is as guilty as she is.
If the Armorer was doing her job he would not have loaded the weapon, that is her job. He would not have had access to the weapon or any ammo either. In addition she would have coordinated the shot so it was safe even with dummies or blanks. She wasn't present when a firearm was being used, her job was to always be present. The firearm and ammo were not secured when she wasn't there, that was also her job.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A self absorbed, idiot actor (I remember, Baldwin stated in an interview, promoting "The Getaway", that he and his brothers were raised in a shooting household, had lots of safety and shooting training, that he was proficient.
This makes me think that the shooting may have been premeditated. Hopefully the prosecutor uses it.

don ewald

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based on some of the testimony that I listened to, it sounds like they had just enough dummies for the gun belts to fill them once and after a few action scenes, many of those dummies went missing. She consulted with the Armory owner and told him that she was going to have to look around the set for the lost dummies. Pure speculation, but I f I had to guess, I’d bet she went downtown, found a box of live LRN .45LC ammo and stuffed the gun belts, thinking that she would be the only one to actually load the Firearms affording her enough control to avoid an accident . What she didn’t count on was the actors ignorance and an even more disrespectful attitude toward the equipment than she had.
Good possibility.

Again, proves my point she was a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Should have never been hired.

Latest posts

Top Bottom